Susan recieved her MD from UAB School of Medicine in May 2014, and is currently a Pediatric Resident at St. Louis Children's Hospital.
Valpo Graduation 2010
Susan graduated with the highest honors, Summa Cum Laude, from Valparaiso University in May 2010 with a double major in Chemistry and Biology and a minor in Psychology. She is currently on track to receive her MD from UAB's School of Medicine in May of 2014.
* 2013 Gold Humanism Honor Society
* 2011 T35 Summer Research Fellowship Program and Grant
* 2010 UASOM Medical Student Scholarship Award
* 2009VU Lumina Award
* Morter Board National College Senior Honor Society
* Board of Directors Award- Valparaiso University Celebration of Undergraduate Scholarship 2009
* Valparaiso University Presidential Scholarship
* Profiled in the book, The Jazz Singers: The Ultimate Guide, by Scott Yanow ( Hal Leonarad Publishing )
* 2008 CRC Chemistry Award - Valparaiso University Chemistry Dept.
* Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society, Valparaiso University Chapter
* Winner of the 2006 NIAA Regional Youth Arts Award
* 2005 Profiled in the book Super Kids: Ordinary Kids Who Have Done Extraordinary Things, by Lisa Fittleman ( Hylas Publishing )
* The National Society of High School Scholars
* National Honor Roll
* Who's Who Among American High School Students
* Academic Recognition Ceremony for outstanding academic achievement -2005-The Indiana Academy/ Northwestern University Midwest Talent Search
* Honorary State Senate Page
* Northwestern University Midwest Talent Search Awards